Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning »
1–9 of 8
- Nominate now for the 2015 Burnham Award for Excellence in Planning!
- Now is the time to nominate your favorite plan for the 2015 Burnham Award for Excellence in Planning! We're accepting nominations through Tuesday, July 14, at 3 p.m. You can nominate your own plan or someone else's.
The award recognizes visionary and effective planning in the Chicago region, and…
- Implementing GO TO 2040: A Plan for Chicagoland's Future; We Have a Plan: Let’s Do It
- Listen to this April 27, 2011, roundtable, the third in the three-part series, “Implementing GO TO 2040: A Plan for Chicagoland’s Future,” co-sponsored by MPC and the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning. The series explored how – in an ever-expanding world economy…
- Federal, state agendas and GO TO 2040 focus of 3/25 roundtable
- By Randy Blankenhorn
- Mar 14, 2011
- MPC is partnering with CMAP on a series of roundtables that focus on specific issues within GO TO 2040, the region’s new long-range plan to guide policy and investment decisions in northeastern Illinois through mid-century and beyond. The first roundtable, on Feb. 18, focused on how the…
- Register today for GO TO 2040 comprehensive regional plan launch event, Oct. 13
- We received a nice note from our partners at CMAP this morning, and want to pass along their reminder to register by the end of this month for the launch of GO TO 2040, on Oct. 13:
The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) appreciates efforts of the Metropolitan Planning Council and its…
- MarySue's Midweek Links
- This week, my staff and I are busy preparing for the Metropolitan Planning Council’s 2010 Annual Luncheon, next Monday, June 21, at noon, at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. Through our emcee Lynn Sweet, the Sun-Times dynamo D.C. bureau chief, we will ask our speakers – Illinois’ U.S.…
- Help shape CMAP's GOTO 2040 outreach
- Sign up today to attend CMAP's Partnership program kick-off tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 26, from noon to 1:30 p.m., at the CMAP office in Willis Tower (DuPage County Room).
By becoming a GO TO 2040 Partner, you can participate in Friday's event, as well as in future planning sessions to help educate…
- CMAP photo contest collecting "Images of Northeastern Illinois"
- Can’t put into words what you love most about Chicagoland? Then try taking a picture: The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) is calling on residents of Cook, DuPage, Will, Kane, McHenry, Lake and Kendall counties to pull out their cameras and capture what they value about the…
- MPC and partners answer Obama’s call for innovative ways to support sustainable metropolitan development
- In October, citiwire.net, an online pool of news and opinions from thought leaders on sustainable metropolitan development compiled by nationally syndicated columnist Neal Pierce, published a commentary from MPC President MarySue Barrett. She wrote about the Chicago visit of four high-ranking…
- Planning 1-2-3: A Step-by-Step Workbook for Writing a Comprehensive Plan in Illinois
- (2 MB)
- Feb 1, 2006
- This workbook is designed as a step-by-step guide for Illinois municipal officials to prepare a local comprehensive plan for their communities. The term “comprehensive plan” means the vision of what the community wants to become and the steps needed to meet that goal. It is a statement…
1–9 of 8