- Reconnecting Neighborhoods kicks off in communities
- Metropolitan Planning Council is facilitating community involvement in an initiative to improve access to transit and retail amenities in three Chicago mixed-income neighborhoods.
- Plan for Transformation February 2008 Update
- (163 KB)
- Feb 1, 2008
- This update covers the development status of renovated family properties, scattered sites, and new mixed-income communities.
- Access, Amenities, Opportunity: MPC launches Reconnecting Neighborhoods project
- In partnership with the City of Chicago, Regional Transportation Authority, and HNTB, in November, MPC convened citywide stakeholders in community planning initiative in three neighborhoods.
- Supporting residents through workforce development and employment opportunities
- National and local experts explore best practices for balancing work requirements with workforce development strategies for public housing residents
- September Media Tips
- New Study: Affordable Homes Near Jobs, Transit Key to Slowing Climate Change
A new national study offers conclusive evidence that
reducing metropolitan Chicago’s energy consumption relies on meeting the growing
demand for affordable homes near jobs and transportation options. Growing…
- Reconnecting neighborhoods through economic development and transit enhancement
- National and local panelists explore transit-oriented development possibilities in CHA mixed-income communities.
- MPC co-hosts Parking 101 roundtable:
Municipalities flock to solve the daunting parking equation
- Watch the video of Parking 101: Transportation Enhancement Districts and Beyond, a special roundtable co-hosted by MPC and the Chicago Architecture Foundation.
- June Media Tips
- Businesses to Urge Governor to Support Funding for Regional Transit System
The p.m. rush hour at Union Station will be the backdrop on Monday, June 25,
for a news conference with business, university, and elected leaders calling on
Gov. Rod Blagojevich to support a funding fix that will…
- It takes a neighborhood to design a mixed-income community
- National and local experts share development techniques and strategies for community involvement in the planning of mixed-income sites
- Metropolitan Planning Council celebrates Olympics win, recommends priorities to achieve 'lasting legacy'
- MPC encourages city, Chicago 2016 to undertake projects that will improve quality of life, equity of opportunity, and economic redevelopment in metropolitan Chicago
« Previous | 11–20 of 62 | Next »