- Transit Innovation: Financing tools of the future
- Every two weeks, MPC uncovers best practices from around the world and delivers them right to your inbox. This week, MPC explores how a Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) are helping to fast track a major transit project in Denver. MPC supports PPP legislation in Springfield that would enable the state and region to develop new infrastructure using private money.
- March Media Tips
- A+ Illinois Encourages State
Support School Funding Reform Bill
The A+ Illinois campaign for statewide school funding
reform is asking voters to visit the A+ Illinois Web site
letters to their state senators encouraging them to sign on to the growing list
- MPC's New Year's resolutions
- MPC staff share their plans for strengthening the region, and the organization, in 2008
- Within Chicago’s Reach: Building Transit Friendly Neighborhoods for All
- MPC’s Winter 2008 Roundtable, “Within Our Reach: Your World in Half a Mile,” captured the attention of planners, developers, elected officials, and community groups from around the region, as it explored the opportunities and challenges to integrating neighborhood development with transit service.
- Access, Amenities, Opportunity: MPC launches Reconnecting Neighborhoods project
- In partnership with the City of Chicago, Regional Transportation Authority, and HNTB, in November, MPC convened citywide stakeholders in community planning initiative in three neighborhoods.
- Groundbreaking for Pacesetter/Whistler Crossing Redevelopment Project on November 13
The Metropolitan Planning Council joined the Village of Riverdale in celebrating the groundbreaking of a redevelopment project for the Pacesetter/Whistler Crossing neighborhood.
- Shift in marketplace creates opportunities
- Changes in the marketplace create new chances for communities to transform themselves. With fewer first-time homebuyers, higher interest rates and a growing number of empty nesters wanting out of their large-lot homes, developers and municipalities turn to new products to meet market demand.
- Northwest Indiana's Marquette Plan earns Metropolitan Planning Council's 2007 Burnham Award for Excellence in Planning
- Lakeshore reinvestment strategy will bring new economic, recreational opportunities to region; winners to accept award at MPC Annual Meeting Luncheon Nov. 29
- Neighbors making a difference
- By Guest Author
- Oct 3, 2007
- Guest article about placemaking by Jay Walljasper. "My hope that day was to showcase inspiring examples of how everyday citizens made tremendous improvements in the place they call home by putting their heads together with neighbors to conceive new ideas for their neighborhoods and then rolling up their sleeves to put these into action. ..."
- Industrial Renaissance: Establishing a Creative IndustriesDistrict, Pilsen/Cermak Road
- (1 MB)
- Aug 30, 2007
- With the goal of revitalizing a swath of Cermak Road in into an area that supports the creative industries, the Chicago Dept. of Cultural Affairs, Dept. of Planning and Development, and Ald. Daniel Solis (25th Ward) asked the Urban Land Institute-Chicago and Campaign for Sensible Growth to convene…
« Previous | 11–20 of 76 | Next »