Regional Transportation Authority »
| 11–20 of 89 | Next
- Moving at the Speed of Congestion - The True Costs of Traffic in the Chicago Metropolitan Area August 2008
- (6 MB)
- Jul 29, 2008
- This report presents findings from a study conducted by HDR Decision Economics, in association with Dr. Alex Anas, for the Metropolitan Planning Council. The main purpose of the study is to analyze and, to the extent possible, quantify the costs resulting from traffic congestion on area roads,…
- RTA calls for innovative projects that keep the region moving
- To meet growing demand, the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) is challenging communities, counties, and transportation providers to get creative and propose innovative ideas that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of transit in our region.
- 'Smart Cards' in Transit
- In Hong Kong, 95 percent of the population between the ages of 16 and 65 possesses the touch-and-go ‘Smart Card’ transit pass to board the region’s public transportation network.
- MPC: Illinois needs to get back on the map with transportation innovations and investments
- Metropolitan Planning Council releases recommendations for a new state capital plan, featuring new ideas for reducing congestion and raising revenue to support much-needed transportation investments
- A better way to spend money
- In the tradition of Rocky and Bullwinkle, MPC believes it is not the size of a state capital package that matters, but how you spend it.
- Reconnecting Neighborhoods kicks off in communities
- Metropolitan Planning Council is facilitating community involvement in an initiative to improve access to transit and retail amenities in three Chicago mixed-income neighborhoods.
- Life after the transit bill
- Passage of a transit-operating bill was a major victory for Chicago-area transit providers and users, but it did not address the long-term funding needs for system maintenance and enhancements. The region needs more dollars to keep transit running in the future.
- Within Chicago’s Reach: Building Transit Friendly Neighborhoods for All
- MPC’s Winter 2008 Roundtable, “Within Our Reach: Your World in Half a Mile,” captured the attention of planners, developers, elected officials, and community groups from around the region, as it explored the opportunities and challenges to integrating neighborhood development with transit service.
- Transit advocates tell legislators: no more excuses, pass SB 572 immediately
- Chicago-area groups call on Gov. Blagojevich to sign bill once legislature approves it
- Access, Amenities, Opportunity: MPC launches Reconnecting Neighborhoods project
- In partnership with the City of Chicago, Regional Transportation Authority, and HNTB, in November, MPC convened citywide stakeholders in community planning initiative in three neighborhoods.
« Previous | 11–20 of 89 | Next »