capital investment »
1–5 of 5
- 'Under these circumstances, we cannot be divided'
- On Tuesday, Sept. 27, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel joined the MPC Board of Governors and Executive Advisors for a dialogue on how the region's civic and business communities can support the mayor’s key priorities, including strengthening the city’s economy, infrastructure, and quality of…
- Growing blue: Water, economic development, and corporate stewardship
- I do my best to conserve water at home. I try to be smart about actual water use—only running full loads of laundry, keeping a pitcher of water in the fridge so I don't have to wait for cold water, etc.—but I rent, so I'm not in a position to retrofit my apartment with too much in the…
- State of the Union, state capital crisis call for 'redoubled effort' on infrastructure
- On the eve of the State of the Union address, The New York Times’ David Brooks challenged President Obama to lay out a “precise vision of what a thriving America is going to look like in the 21st Century.” On Tuesday, the President filled in that sketch and tossed back a challenge…
- Around the World in 90 Minutes: Infrastructure Best Practices Across the Globe
- Hear about global planning and development trends from knowledgeable, well-traveled pros, in this 90-minute “whirlwind tour." Panelists at this MPC roundtable luncheon discussed real estate, transportation, and other infrastructure best practices.
- Putting Illinois Back on the Map
- (2 MB)
- May 1, 2008
- MPC's recommendations in this May 2008 report offered a package of policy and revenue recommendations with one common goal: to improve Chicago’s transportation network to ensure the region’s continued economic growth. Without new and progressive transportation policies and sufficient…
1–5 of 5