corridor development initiative »
1–7 of 7
- Chicago nonprofits announce clean air design challenge
- This season, design is in the air – literally.
The nonprofit, volunteer-run initiative Design Makes Change and the nonprofit organization Unit 2 Collective have launched The Air We Breathe: The Chicago Clean Air Design Challenge. Students and professionals in the fields of industrial,…
- Residents help plan for proposed CTA Red Line extension
- Nearly 150 residents participated in a community visioning session on Sept. 14 to plan for the proposed CTA Red Line extension on Chicago’s far South side. Attendees at the meeting, hosted by Developing Communities Project in partnership with MPC, the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning…
- MPC publication: Recommendations for Logan Square development priorities
- In summer 2009, at the invitation of Ald. Rey Colón (35th Ward), the Metropolitan Planning Council led a Corridor Development Initiative (CDI) exercise in the Logan Square neighborhood. Through a series of three community meetings, residents work with architects and developers to learn about…
- Vision Driving Development: Logan Square Corridor Development Initiative
- (2 MB)
- Apr 16, 2010
- In 2009, Chicago Ald. Rey Colón (35th Ward), in partnership with MPC, hosted the Logan Square Corridor Development Initiative (CDI). A series of three community meetings, the goal of the Logan Square CDI was to create a set of development priorities for Milwaukee Avenue and arm residents…
- Corridor Development Initiative Fact Sheet
- (896 KB)
- Dec 14, 2009
- The Corridor Development Initiative is a hands-on planning process that helps residents understand issues such as affordable housing, density, and mixed-use design, while establishing priorities to guide future development in the community.
- Corridor Development Initiative
- Communities often find themselves reacting to a developers proposal, rather than working to attract development that fits a local vision. MPC is reversing th...
- Vision Driving Development: Lawndale Corridor Development Initiative
- (1 MB)
- Apr 6, 2009
- In 2008, Chicago Ald. Sharon Dixon (24th Ward), in partnership with MPC and Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP), hosted the Lawndale Corridor Development Initiative (CDI), a series of three community meetings in Lawndale. The goal was to identify community interests and concerns about…
1–7 of 7