- Freight Train Network Suffers Lack of Modernization
- Chicago has been a freight rail hub for the past 150 years, but an outdated layout often makes it a bottleneck for the country's shipping network. PBS special correspondent Rick Karr reports in this installment of the Blueprint America series on infrastructure. MPC President MarySue Barrett is…
- Rebuilding and Renewing America: Highlights from a day of forward thinking
- Investment in our nation's water, energy, and transportation infrastructure will be one of the first priorities of the new Obama administration. At MPC's recent conference on the subject, experts from throughout the Great Lakes megaregion identified priorities and outlined a better process for making investment decisions.
- Excess traffic costs metropolitan Chicago $7.3 billion a year
- Core News Facts
* The latest report from the Metropolitan Planning Council (MPC), Moving
at the Speed of Congestion, quantifies the cost
of excess traffic congestion to Chicagoland businesses, counties and residents.
* MPC commissioned HDR Decision Economics to conduct the research…
- New MPC report measures costs of congestion to Chicagoland
- "Moving at the Speed of Congestion" shows traffic costs businesses and individuals in the metropolitan region $7.3 billion a year, nearly twice the most recent estimate. The freight industry alone loses $1 billion annually, threatening Chicago's place in the global economy. The report quantifies the value of wasted time and fuel for individuals in the city of Chicago and Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will Counties, showing congestion affects everyone in the region. New approaches to planning and financing Chicagoland's transportation infrastructure must provide regional solutions to our shared congestion problem.
- Frequently asked questions about Moving at the Speed of Congestion
- MPC's 2008 report quantifies the cost of congestion to metropolitan Chicago.
- New report: traffic congestion costs Chicago region, individuals much more than previously estimated
- Metropolitan Planning Council’s new report sheds light on hidden costs of traffic congestion and why Illinois must change how it invests in transportation infrastructure
- Moving our nation’s goods through freight
- If the region doesn’t address its rail congestion and infrastructure issues now, we will lose 17,000 jobs and more than $2 billion in annual economic production over the next 20 years.
- In case you missed it: Inaugural William O. Lipinski Symposium on Transportation Policy is online
- View presentations from speakers at "Moving the Region in a New Direction," a day-long working conference to explore new ways to plan, manage and finance transportation investments.
- Overhaul of region's transportation system to be focus of Inaugural William O. Lipinski Transportation Policy Symposium
- "Moving the Region in a New Direction" will be theme of day-long, invitation-only forum connecting regional decision makers with transportation experts from around the state and world
- Congestion Pricing 101
- An introduction to congestion pricing.
« Previous | 11–20 of 83 | Next »