innovative finance tools »
1–5 of 5
- Next City op-ed: Chicago needed an investment partner, so it’s building one itself
- Why has the Chicago Infrastructure Trust generated outsized interest? For starters, I can’t think of many mayors beyond Rahm Emanuel who can produce former President Bill Clinton for a local press announcement. Yet there he was on March 1 of last year, lauding his former staffer (and former…
- Stagnation, progress in Chicago trigger ideas for President Obama's second term
- In the weeks since the election, I've been pondering how the outcome will affect my world. On a personal level, will I ever again experience the pride of a U.S. president who hails from Chicago and who I have the pleasure of knowing? Doubtful.
Professionally, I heave a sigh of relief that the…
- 2011 Infrastructure Roundtable Series: Innovative Financing for Infrastructure
- The second event in MPC's 2011 Infrastructure Roundtable Series, Innovative Financing for Infrastructure explored the need for a new approach to transportation planning and investment that maximizes the use of existing infrastructure, documents and captures the value of new investments, and taps…
- MPC appointed to study congestion relief options for I-90 corridor
- MPC is pleased to announce our appointment to the I-90 Corridor Planning Council, which will determine how to reduce congestion on one of Chicago's busiest transportation routes, the I-90 Corridor from Chicago to Rockford, including the Kennedy Expressway and the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway. The…
- How can the next mayor support Chicago's ripe industry clusters?
- In his recent State of the Union address, President Barack Obama talked about an America at a crossroads. Once-developing nations such as China and India are now gaining on us, in areas such as alternative energy, infrastructure expansion and modernization, and information technology. The President…
1–5 of 5