- CDOT Commissioner Gabe Klein's Presentation at 8/17 Bus Rapid Transit Roundtable
- Aug 18, 2011
- On Wednesday, Aug. 17, MPC released Bus Rapid Transit: Chicago's New Route to Opportunity, a vision for a 10-route Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) network in Chicago that is feasible, best supports existing neighborhood assets, and fills accessibility gaps in the current transit network.
At the public…
- Chicago ranks 10th for metro areas its size with poor access to transit for seniors
- Chicago – By 2015, more than 15.5 million Americans ages 65 and older will live in communities where public transportation service is poor or non-existent, a new study shows. That number is expected to continue to grow rapidly as the baby boom generation “ages in place” in suburbs…
- PPP Profiles: EagleP3, a section of Denver’s comprehensive transit expansion, FasTracks
- PPP Profiles is an ongoing series of case studies on national and international public-private partnerships. To share ideas for future profiles, please contact Chrissy Nichols at email@example.com.
Location: Denver, Co Project Sponsor: Regional Transportation District Private Partner:…
- Take Metra's survey to inform new director's agenda
- Alexander Clifford, Metra’s brand-new executive director and CEO, received a warm welcome in Chicago on Tuesday — quickly followed by a frigid reception from Mother Nature.
I couldn't help but think of Clifford and his fellow Chicago-area transit agency directors this morning as I made…
- Chicago’s Next Mayor Will Support Green City Policies
- Questionnaire Responses Show All Candidates Support “Green Growth Platform” of Leading Chicago Environmental Groups
Chicago - All of Chicago’s mayoral candidates committed to improving Chicago’s environment through their responses to the Green Growth Platform issued by the…
- Coalition urges mayoral candidates to make sustainable transportation a priority
- On behalf of tens of thousands of members and supporters, a coalition of eight environmental and transportation leaders requested Thursday that Chicago mayoral candidates support their Sustainable Transportation Platform. The platform focuses on strategies to improve transportation safety and…
- Give a Minute, and change your city
- This post was written by Aleece Smith, MPC research assistant.
Here at Metropolitan Planning Council, we are all for engaging the public to inform future investment. So we’re big fans of CEOs for Cities’ Give a Minute campaign, which is providing a temporary forum for public dialogue…
- Care about Chicago-area transit? Then read this post!
- Have questions about the future of mass transit in Chicagoland? Interested in hearing about future plans and projects? Wondering what’s new at the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) these days? Learn and have your say at one of RTA’s public webinars Sept. 16 and 22.
The RTA is…
- Lessons in transit: How Chicagoland can improve its transit network
- What ideas do you have for making our region’s transit system more attractive, efficient and reliable? Every few weeks MPC produces Talking Transit, an e-newsletter highlighting transit innovations from around the world, to spark some new thinking for our transit system – and we’d…
- Goods in Motion
- In the top 10 highway bottlenecks in the country (three of which are in Chicago), congestion has caused more than 18 million hours of truck delay every year. However, trucks deliver the goods we need to fill our stores, generate revenue for local communities, and create jobs. Finding a…
« Previous | 21–30 of 310 | Next »