water delivery »
1–3 of 3
- Michael Webber on the energy-water nexus
- Metropolitan Planning Council and Openlands hosted a roundtable on Aug. 3, 2010, focused on the connections between energy and water use. This was the second event in our summer series, "Choosing our Water Future," and topics explored included:
* The energy demands of water systems, and the water…
- Ever wonder how Chicago’s water system works?
- This blog post was written by MPC research assistant Alex Gilbert.
An educational video from the Field Museum explains exactly that. The video Before the Faucet, After the Flush provides a basic understanding of how we obtain our water, treat it, transport it, clean it, and dispose of it. This…
- NYT article highlights national water infrastructure woes
- A wonderfully written article by Charles Duhigg in this morning’s The New York Times tells the story of George S. Hawkins, a man on a mission to educate Americans about the costs, and value, of delivering clean water to our homes and businesses.
Hawkins heads up the District of Columbia…
1–3 of 3