- Making the most of a clean(ish) river
- Having gotten a bad weather forecast from the guy at my local bike shop, I spent a fair amount of time this past Sunday—however long it takes to ride a bike 40 miles during high winds, driving rain, and a foot of standing water in the street in a few places in Evanston—thinking about…
- Illinois American Water environmental grants available
- MPC Research Assistant Dan McDonell wrote this post.
Illinois American Water (IAW), a private water supplier serving parts of the greater Chicago area, has announced that it is accepting applications for its 2011 Environmental Grant Program to improve and protect local watersheds.
- Right as Rain: Advancing Safe, Sustainable Water Reuse
- Listen to this Dec. 16, 2010, recording of the MPC-Openlands roundtable, 'Right as Rain: Advancing Safe, Sustainable Water Reuse," to learn more about: water supply conservation, stormwater mitigation, and wastewater benefits of rainwater harvesting and grey water reuse, requirements for safe use…
- Chicago’s Next Mayor Will Support Green City Policies
- Questionnaire Responses Show All Candidates Support “Green Growth Platform” of Leading Chicago Environmental Groups
Chicago - All of Chicago’s mayoral candidates committed to improving Chicago’s environment through their responses to the Green Growth Platform issued by the…
- What Our Water's Worth: Lollapalooza offers lessons in water conservation
- In September, MPC and Openlands will launch What Our Water's Worth, a multi-year campaign exploring the many ways in which we use, manage and value water. The initial goal is to raise awareness about the need to invest in, protect and conserve our invaluable water resources, ultimately leading to…
- Frank Benichou explains Veolia's new Water Impact Index
- Watch this video to hear Frank Benichou, Executive Vice President and Chief Technical Officer at Veolia Water North America, explain Veolia's new Water Impact Index. The Water Impact Index moves beyond the basic volumetric assessment of water use to incorporate energy consumption, carbon emission,…
- Frank Benichou: The difference between water footprints and carbon footprints
- Watch this video to hear Frank Benichou, Executive Vice President and Chief Technical Officer at Veolia Water North America, explain why it is important to understand the local impact of water use.
Watch the first video in this series, in which Benichou explains Veolia's new Water Impact Index,…
- Creating synergy between energy and development decisions
- To pump, treat and deliver the 550 billion gallons of water metropolitan Chicago consumes annually, it takes as much energy as it does to drive nearly 4.9 million cars for an entire year.
At an MPC-Openlands roundtable luncheon this past Tuesday, that statistic was one of many that drove home the…
- Michael Webber on the energy-water nexus
- Metropolitan Planning Council and Openlands hosted a roundtable on Aug. 3, 2010, focused on the connections between energy and water use. This was the second event in our summer series, "Choosing our Water Future," and topics explored included:
* The energy demands of water systems, and the water…
- Down the Drain, Up in Smoke: Exploring the Water-Energy Nexus in the Chicago Region
- Listen to this Aug. 3, 2010, event, the second in MPC and Openland's summer series, "Choosing our Water Future." This roundtable explores:
The energy demands of water systems, and the water demands of energy production,
The impact of energy costs for water consumption on municipal budgets in…
« Previous | 11–20 of 29 | Next »