Thanks to the regional cooperation and resource sharing of the housing authorities of Chicago, Cook, Joliet Lake, McHenry, Oak Park and Waukegan -- the Regional Housing Initiative (RHI) provides financial incentives (via operating subsidies) to developers and owners of quality rental housing in northeastern Illinois. To date, RHI partners have awarded operating subsidies to more than 300 apartments in 18 viable developments. As a result, 908 new or rehabbed housing options, largely in mixed-income communities, are already up and running while another 1563 are in the final stages of financing or rehab.
The Regional Housing Initiative is a competitive, rolling application process; property owners and developers may submit applications for this round of RHI funding at any time.
However, developers interested in RHI support for the Winter 2013 round of Illinois Housing Development Authority's Low Income Housing Tax Credits, which is due March 15, must call Angie Leyva at 312-863-6017 by Feb. 22 to schedule a conversation about RHI's parallel application procedures.
Download an application.
- Read Frequently Asked Questions about RHI.
- Read on to learn how RHI can help you leverge additional resources.
- Notice of Interest
- Multifamily Resource Guide
- Letter from Judy Roettig (Chicagoland Apartment Association) and Robin Snyderman (MPC)
- Housing Assistance Payments(HAP) Contract, New Construction or Rehabilitation HUD-52530-A, Part I & Part 2
- Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) Contract,Existing Housing HUD-52530-B, Part 1 & Part 2
- Agreement to Enter into HAP(AHAP) Contract,New Construction or Rehabilitation, Part 1 52531-A,
- Agreement to Enter into HAP (AHAP) Contract, New Construction or Rehabilitation, Part 2 52531-B
- Project-Based Voucher Program Final Rule (October 13, 2005)
- Project-Based Voucher Rents & Units 24 CFR Part 983 ( November 19, 2007)
- Project Opportunity
- HUD 2012 Fair Market Rents