DUE TO OVERWHELMING INTEREST, REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED.
GO TO 2040 is our seven-county region’s first comprehensive plan since the 1909 Plan of Chicago. The Board of the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) unanimously adopted the plan in October 2010, after more than three years of research, deliberation and public input, including participation by tens of thousands of residents from across the region.
The challenge now is implementing the plan – and CMAP can’t do it alone.
“Implementing GO TO 2040: A Plan for Chicagoland’s Future,” co-sponsored by CMAP and the Metropolitan Planning Council, is a four-part roundtable series exploring how – in an ever-expanding world economy – comprehensive metropolitan plans are essential to keeping our communities competitive. At this roundtable, we will:
- Provide an overview of the plan, CMAP's current priorities, and momentum already underway towards implementation.
- Highlight the many partners necessary for the plan’s successful implementation.
- Hear from the business community how the plan can build a stronger regional economy through diverse partnerships and the strengthening of local businesses.
- Share how the philanthropic sector can guide the process of strategic prioritization, using its unique role to engage communities and connect complementary initiatives.
- Demonstrate to builders, municipalities and residents the benefits of transparent and predictable investments, opportunities for public/private partnerships, and the importance of strengthening local capacity to work with the private sector.
Assistant Vice President, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway
Executive Director, Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning
President, Chicago United
Executive Director, Grand Victoria Foundation
Executive Director, Clayco Inc.
Special thanks to:
Stay tuned: Part three of the series will explore local, regional, state, and federal policies that are necessary for implementing the recommendations in the GO TO 2040 plan. The fourth and final roundtable will highlight a few important initiatives, how GO TO 2040’s plan will help to advance them, and what role of key partnerships will play in achieving them.
Registering with MPC keeps you in the loop — with e-news and e-alerts about regional issues and events.