Transform Illinois Logo
Calling all Transformers!
Do you know someone pioneering a new way to deliver government services at lower cost? Transform Illinois, a statewide collaborative of elected officials, civic and research organizations, is now accepting nominations for its third annual Transformer Awards. The purpose echoes the group’s mission: to promote and support local government efficiency efforts.
The Transformer Awards highlight government and citizen-led initiatives in Illinois that have improved the delivery of services and infrastructure at the local level, while saving taxpayers’ money. Nominees will be reviewed by the Transform Illinois award committee and will be presented during the third annual Transform Illinois Awards conference in mid-October.
Awards will be presented in each of three categories: Local Government Transformer, State Government Transformer and Citizen Transformer. Nominees should demonstrate they are:
- Streamlining processes to reduce administrative burdens and eliminate duplication;
- Collaborating with neighboring governments to leverage efficiencies and share services;
- Deploying new technology to increase efficiency;
- Developing and using metrics and performance assessment tools to benchmark taxpayer savings; and
- Sponsoring legislation to provide tools for government consolidation.
For more information, contact MPC's Emily Blum, at 312.863.6018 or email@example.com. Nomination forms are available on the Transform Illinois website at www.transformillinois.org. Please submit forms by 5 p.m. on August 31.