“Your mission, Jim, should you decide to accept it…” The great TV show MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE started each show with these words and chronicled how Jim Phelps, leader of the Impossible Mission Force, somehow found a way to accomplish tasks many felt were impossible. He did it by building a great team of people, each using their skills and talents and working effectively together to get the job done. We face a seemingly “impossible” mission today in the utilities industry as well as we deal with expanding regulations, shrinking revenues, aging infrastructure, customer opposition to rate increases and a largely disengaged workforce. Yet, by applying the same lessons Jim Phelps used to accomplish his “impossible missions”, we can learn ways to accomplish the impossible missions we face here in the utility industry. Join us as we follow a typical episode of M:I and learn how each of us can become the “Jim Phelps” of our own Impossible Utility Missions Force!
Relevance of the Topic:
Leading successful utility operations has never been more of a challenge. Yet the management principles needed to lead in these trying times are no different than they have ever been. These lessons, packaged within memorable analogies and anecdotes, continue to serve managers well in the “new normal” as long as they are actually remembered. This webcast intends to deliver the most memorable lessons possible.
- YOU can become the “Jim Phelps” of your Impossible Utility Missions Force!
- Develop teams that can accomplish great things!
- Learn how to empower each member of your team to deliver remarkable results!
- Find within you the leader your team wants and deserves!
- Rob McElroy, General Manager, Daphne Utilities, AL
- Ray Hoffman, Director, Seattle Public Utilities, WA
- Darryl R. Jones, Assistant General Manager of Operations & Technical Services, Birmingham Water Works Board, AL
This webcast is being offered at no charge, and is available for sponsorship. Please register through GoToWebinar.
There will be 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) offered for this webcast. Please check with your state accreditation agency to determine if you qualify. Log-on information will be emailed to you 24 hours prior to the webcast. Included in this email will be information regarding attendance verification, PDH distribution, and procedures to follow during the live event.