On September 20, thousands of volunteers from across the Midwest will come together to clean up hundreds of Great Lakes beaches from Minnesota to Ohio. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of it!
Join the Alliance and our amazing community of lake lovers during our 2014 September Adopt-a-Beach™ Event, part of the Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup.
Last year, more than 6,800 September Adopt-a-Beach™ volunteers cleaned up debris and recorded what they found at 260 sites around the Great Lakes. You can help make this year’s event even bigger.
Get involved today! Gather your own team or join an existing team by visiting www.greatlakesadopt.org.
This year’s September Adopt-a-Beach™ Event will take place on Sept. 20 from 9 a.m. to noon. Depending on state and location, there may an opportunity for flexibility with the date and time.
We look forward to working with you this September!
Your Adopt-a-Beach™ Team
For more information contact:
- Illinois and Indiana: Sandy Carter, 312-445-9752 or email@example.com
- Michigan: Jillian Edwards, 616-850-0745 ext. 13 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minnesota: Tim Luedtke, 218-740-2070 or email@example.com
- Ohio: Hyle Lowry, 216-630-8140 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In Ohio, this event is in partnership with the Ohio Lake Erie Commission as part of Ohio’s Coastweeks celebration.
- Wisconsin: Todd Brennan, 414-559-0317 or email@example.com