Hosted by: The Metropolitan Planning Council
Download to calendar
All summer we've highlighted trends, challenges, and opportunities related to drinking water during this year's virtual Drinking Water 1-2-3 Academy.
Join us for the final session on Thursday, August 19 from 10 a.m. - Noon (CT) on aging water infrastructure and water management. This virtual event will bring elected officials, water advocates, and policy researchers together to discuss the importance of managing our water systems effectively, inclusively, and sustainably. This event will feature:
- Keynote welcoming remarks by:
- Mayor Katrina Thompson, M.A. (Mayor, Village of Broadview, Illinois)
- A foundation-setting presentation by:
- Carolyn A. Grieves, P.E. (Region Manager/Associate VP, Baxter & Woodman Consulting Engineers)
- A moderated panel discussion featuring:
- Moderator Jed Kim (Podcast Host & Reporter, American Public Media)
- Kareem Adeem (Director, Department of Water & Sewer Utilities of the City of Newark)
- George Hawkins (Founder & President, Moonshot Missions)
- Joseph Kane (Senior Research Associate & Associate Fellow, The Brookings Institution)
For more information on our speakers, click here. This series is designed for municipal elected officials, but open to the public. It is free and registration is required.
By registering for this event, you agree to the Terms & Conditions of registration for this event and agree to receive communications from Metropolitan Planning Council. Should you not wish to accept the Terms & Conditions you should not register. You can opt-out of these communications at any time by clicking unsubscribe or contacting our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.