Download to calendar
Join us on Thursday, July 14 at noon for our next lunchtime webinar, Show Me the Money! | Bringing Active Transportation Funding to Your Community. Finding the right funding source for a walking or biking project is one of the biggest challenges local agencies face in improving transportation options in their communities. However, with increased federal and state transportation funding coming into our state from the national Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and the Rebuild Illinois capital plan, we have more opportunities than ever to advance active transportation projects at the local and regional level. Panelists will provide an overview of frequently used and upcoming pedestrian and bicycle funding opportunities and share tips for creating successful grant applications and navigating the funding process.'
- Lindsay Bayley, Senior Planner, Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP)
- Abby Beck, 5th Ward Alderperson, City of Batavia, Illinois
- Maggie Czerwinski, Advocacy Manager, Active Transportation Alliance
- Laura McFadden, Transportation Planner, Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways
- Laura Newman, City Administrator, City of Batavia, Illinois
- Audrey Wennink, Director of Transportation, Metropolitan Planning Council
Learn more about the speakers here.
This is a past event. Watch the recording here.
This event is part of the five-part series titled, Taking Climate Action by Prioritizing Walking, Biking, and Transit. It is sponsored by HDR.