Far too often, plans sit idle on a shelf, never to be seen again. This is not the case for the rivers in Chicago, where new murals have been erected, interactive museums launched, and transformative streetscapes built. Join MPC for a lunch-hour celebration as we launch our interactive Rivers Storymap Project: a unique, interactive tool that highlights grassroots-scale activation. We’ll hear behind-the-scenes information from some of the local change-makers and community advocates about the transformative efforts becoming reality along Chicago’s rivers.
- Chloe Gurin-Sands (Manger of Equity & Planning, Metropolitan Planning Council)
- Alex Perez (Advocacy Manager, Active Transportation Alliance)
- Carson Poole (Organizer, The North River Commission)
- Laura Barghusen (Aquatic Ecologist, Openlands)
- Lilian Holden (Education and Outreach Coordinator, Openlands)