No place, city, or policy starts from scratch. Rather, the plans, resources, and opportunities for (sub)urban development are driven by legacies of the distant past. These lasting legacies, often holding effect for years or decades, inevitably influence what’s possible in the present day. For more than 85 years, MPC has worked to transform the inherited legacies related to the region’s history of inequitable power structures and disinvestment.
As MPC prepares for a new year with new challenges and opportunities, join us for a reflection hour on the inherited legacies of past and present, and the impact we hope to pass on to 2022 and beyond. This event features remarks and presentations by:
- Board Chair Melissa Washington, ComEd (keynote speaker)
- Sasha Marroquin (moderator)
- Debbie Liu (presenter and panelist)
- Audrey Wennink (presenter and panelist)
- Justin Williams (presenter and panelist)