Last year, the City of Chicago adopted a groundbreaking ETOD Policy Implementation Plan with recommendations to use health and equity impact assessments to drive policy making, improve zoning and land use regulations to increase density and reduce parking, and increase bike- and walkability in places served by train and high frequency bus transit. With this useful plan comes a host of important questions: How do we make sure policy makers and developers have easy access to data and information to demonstrate the myriad benefits that ETOD can provide? How can residents and advocates come to public hearings armed with the same analysis to hold policy makers and developers accountable? Metropolitan Planning Council and the Center for Neighborhood Technology have teamed up to create an online ETOD Calculator to do just that.
Join us for an unveiling and demo of the new ETOD Calculator and a roundtable conversation on the future of calculating impact in Chicago. Featured speakers include:
- Erin Aleman, Executive Director, Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (panelist)
- Ciere Boatright, VP of Real Estate & Community Development, CRG (panelist)
- Jacky Grimshaw, Vice President of Government Affairs, The Center for Neighborhood Technology (presenter)
- Peter Haas, PhD Chief Research Scientist, The Center for Neighborhood Technology (presenter)
- Darlene Hightower, President & CEO, Metropolitan Planning Council (moderator)
- Mike Tomas, Founder & Executive Director, Garfield Park Community Council (panelist)
- Drew Williams-Clark, Director of Equitable & Sustainable Communities, Metropolitan Planning Council (presenter)
Learn more about our speakers here.