Can’t put into words what you love most about Chicagoland? Then try taking a picture: The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) is calling on residents of Cook, DuPage, Will, Kane, McHenry, Lake and Kendall counties to pull out their cameras and capture what they value about the region for their annual photo contest. Throughout November, CMAP will be accepting photo entries in the "Images of Northeastern Illinois" contest.
Prizes will be awarded to the contest’s grand prize winner and runner-up, as well as to a winner and runner-up in each of the following five categories:
- Diversity (people, places, art, culture, food)
- Community Vitality (walkable, vibrant places; retail; neighborhood pride)
- Natural environment (lakes, rivers, preserves, parks, sky, wildlife)
- Architecture/Urban Design (plazas, buildings, neighborhoods, boulevards)
- Transportation (pedestrians, bikes, cars, boats, trains, planes, etc.)
For more information, including how to submit a photo, visit CMAP’s web site or contact Lindsay Banks with suggestions or questions: 312-386-8826. For inspiration, visit CMAP’s Explore Northeastern Illinois Flickr Pool. To see winner's of the previous Images of Northeastern Illinois photo contest, click here.