Influential Leaders Unite For A Stronger Chicago Region
MPC’s Executive Advisors is a prestigious executive-level membership group focused on connecting corporate and civic leaders to the issues that matter most to the Chicago region. This group was launched in 2002 by a former Northern Trust leader, Bill Osborn, who identified the enormous opportunity in uniting influential executives in conversation around transformative civic change.
The Executive Advisors’ breadth of expertise, entrepreneurialism, and stewardship of resources empower dynamic thought leadership and action on issues that need the most attention in our region. These issues range from the global economic climate to local transportation policy, from the region’s shortage of affordable housing to the power of visionary development, from reducing the barriers to equitable development near transit to ensuring safe drinking water systems for all. In short, MPC’s Executive Advisors drive civic change that’s fair for everyone.
Shared Expertise and Vision Make a Significant Impact
Executive Advisors share their unique leadership perspectives to help shape the economic and civic vibrancy of the Chicago region. These unique perspectives bring value and depth to each critical issue. Executive Advisors share their expert opinions from such fields as real estate development, corporate finance, law, tech, community-centered entrepreneurialism, communications, and more. These important perspectives create dynamic conversations around equitable civic change.
Executive Advisor Membership Benefits
Executive Advisor membership includes corporate and civic leaders who are interested in using their voices to influence and promote change in the Chicago region. As they share resources and ideas, Executive Advisors benefit from group membership in the following ways:
- Visibility. Executive Advisors and their companies will be listed on MPC letterhead, named in MPC’s Annual Report, on the MPC website, and identified in materials distributed to corporate partners and donors.
- Connections. Executive Advisors receive exclusive invitations to participate in conversations featuring notable civic and business leaders.
- Access. Executive Advisors have access to all MPC events, workshops, panels, and seminars.
- Knowledge. Executive Advisors receive private issue briefings, round-table discussions, and executive-level meetings with dynamic leaders, and MPC experts on timely topics.
Executive Advisor Membership Commitment
An Executive Advisor membership is an investment in the future of the Chicago region.
- Executive Advisors make a $15,000 annual investment to support MPC’s partnership with communities, businesses, and governments. This investment guarantees a place to provide thought leadership that will influence and guide MPC’s work to improve the Chicago region.
- There are no required meetings or time commitments. Rather, Executive Advisors are encouraged to meet when available to engage in thought-inducing conversations that help drive MPC’s work.
Current Executive Advisors
Chief Executive Officer, Polished Nickel Capital Management LLC
John L. Bucksbaum
Chief Executive Officer, Bucksbaum Retail Properties, LLC
Jonathan C. Bunge
Partner, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
David R. Casper
U.S. CEO, BMO Financial Group
Robert M. Chapman
Chief Executive Officer, CenterPoint Properties Trust
Managing Principal, Sterling Bay
Regional President, U.S. Bank
J. Michael Drew
Founding Principal, Structured Development, LLC
Managing Director & Co-Head of Commercial Banking, CIBC U.S.
John S. Gates, Jr.
Executive Chairman, TradeLane Properties, LLC
Nancy S. Gerrie
Head of Real Estate, Mansueto Office Inc.
Steven N. Miller
Partner & Co-Founder, Origin Ventures
Charles J. Moore
Founder & President, The Banc Funds
J. Marshall Peck
President, InterPark Holdings LLC
Chief Financial Officer, The Mather Group
Mark G. Sander
President & CEO, Old National Bancorp
Katherine M. Scherer
Managing Director, Deloitte LLP
President, PNC Illinois
Stephan B. Tanda
President & CEO, AptarGroup, Inc.
Theodore Weldon, III
President, Weldon Development Group
EXECUTIVE ADVISORS IN ACTION
Champion Fighter Award recipient (2019) John Rowe, Frank Clark, and Executive Advisor Scott Swanson
Executive Advisor Carol Bernick during an MPC presentation
Executive Advisor Ari Glass on a Chicago boat tour with MPC
For more information on joining this exclusive group, contact:
Manager of Donor Relations
Executive Advisors Overview (printable PDF)