Drinking Water 1-2-3 Regional Event #1
Regional Event #1: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 8 a.m. to noon at the Joliet Junior College. Held in partnership with the Will County Governmental League. Key event topics included water conservation, public education and engagement, and demand forecasting.
Keynote: Mayor Bob O’Dekirk, City of Joliet, Keynote
Topics covered (click to view slides):
- The Impacts of Water Conservation On Water Works System Expansion Capital Expenditures (Less Water Demand = More Money) with Peter Wallers, Engineering Enterprises, Inc.
- Water Demand Forecasting: New, free data sets now available with Nora Beck, Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP)
- Saving Water with WaterSense with Cary McElhinney, USEPA
- Communicating the Value of Water with the Resources You Have with Megan Chery, Alliance for Water Efficiency
- Education, Advocacy, and Value: The Power of Public Outreach in Water Programs with Andy Martin, Principal and Managing Director of Midwest Operations, Greeley & Hansen.
- Joliet’s Future Water Supply with Allison Swisher and Nick Gornick, City of Joliet Department of Public Utilities